Being part of the Minnesota Magic organization is an honor, not a right. Our expectations of you as a Minnesota Magic player are as follows:
- Commit to softball for the full season; this is a club-level ball team and the commitment is to be at ALL practices and games throughout the season.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship.
- Respect the game, coaches, the opponents, the umpires, parents, and spectators.
- Respect your teammates, on and off the field.
- Always show up on time for practices, games and team events. Contact your coach if you are unable to attend or if you are going to be late.
- Work hard, for yourself and for your team, by giving your best effort in practices and games.
- Be coachable. Listen, ask questions, and be willing to try new techniques.
- Accept your role on the team. If you don’t like where you’re playing, work harder to change it.
- Never fault a teammate when a mistake occurs; be encouraging.
- Use positive language (body and verbal), to cheer on and support my teammates.
- Never argue with an umpire’s decision, this includes verbally or with negative body language.
- Follow the direction of the coaching staff and support each coach’s decision.
- Settle disagreements with coaches and other players in a confidential and private manner, 24 hours after games and practices. Discussions must take place away from other players and parents. (See parent/guardian conduct form for more information.)
- Players will not create social media accounts or post content that could be seen as negative toward your team, teammates, coaches, umpires or the Magic organization.
- Lead with integrity by being a good example for your teammates and for younger players.
Conduct Guidelines To respect the interests of opponents, game officials, city officials, tournament officials, league officials, other athletic services organizations, parents, fans and each other, a parent/guardian is expected to:
- Represent him/herself, their player’s Magic team with honesty, integrity, and good sportsmanship on and off the field. Being part of the Minnesota Magic is an honor, not a right or entitlement.
- Understand your role on the team by letting the coaches do the coaching; refrain from directing, correcting or providing negative feedback to players. Parents parent and Coaches coach.
- Support decisions made by the coaches; refrain from actions or comments that work to
- challenge, undermine, or discredit team management:
- Understand and accept that players may not have equal playing time and that playing
- time is the decision of the team’s head coach. Be responsible – ensure your player arrives on time and is ready to play for all practices and games. Any absence from a practice or game due to sickness, family emergency, or family life event (i.e., wedding, funeral) must be communicated to the coach in advance, when possible.
- Refrain from the use of profanity or vulgar language in all communications; avoid non-verbal cues (body language) that are disrespectful, discouraging, or defiant.
- Discuss concerns or issues with the team’s head coach. It is not appropriate to have this type of
- discussion with other parents or those outside of the Magic Organization.
- Wait a minimum of 24 hours to discuss any concerns or issues with the team’s head coach. Each player is responsible to meet one-on-one with the coach first (without parent(s)/guardian(s)).
- If the problem cannot be resolved with the player/coach meeting, then a face-to-face meeting with the coach, player and parent(s)/guardian(s) can be scheduled.
- If the meeting does not result in resolution, she/player and/or the parent/guardian can contact the Magic Leadership Team in writing. The Leadership Team will come to a decision regarding the issue and the decision will then be final.
- Place a higher priority on team goals versus your player’s individual goals; the win or loss belongs to the team.
- Parents and players will not create social media accounts or post content that could be seen as negative toward your team, teammates, coaches, umpires or the Magic organization.
The Minnesota Magic Organization will uphold these conduct guidelines. A parent/guardian who does not abide by these guidelines will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including the player and parent/guardian being removed from the Minnesota Magic. Decisions on the appropriate disciplinary action are the sole discretion of the Minnesota Magic Leadership Team.
Medical Release FormBy signing this code of conduct, I hereby give permission for any and all medical attention necessary to be administered to my child in the event of accident, injury, sickness, etc., until such time as I may be contacted. If the person designated below can not be contacted, I give my permission for treatment of my child as may be required subsequent to a determination made by the appropriate Magic organization representative or health care professional. This release is effective until revoked, in writing, by me. I also hereby assume responsibility for payment of such treatment.
Acknowledgement By signing this Code of Conduct, I acknowledge that I have read it in its entirety and commit to adhering to all guidelines. In addition, I accept responsibility for my behaviors and actions and understand that behaviors and actions that do not abide by these guidelines will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including removal from the Minnesota Magic.
Violations of any of the above policies are subject to disciplinary action up to suspension or expulsion from the team.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK / WAIVER OF LIABILITY / INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
In consideration of being allowed to participate on behalf of Minnesota Magic Fastpitch Inc. athletic program and related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
- Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist; and,
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the releasees or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation as regards protection against infectious diseases. If, however, I observe any unusual or significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Minnesota Magic Fastpitch Inc, their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.